Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Waltari discovery

YouTube - Waltari: In The Cradle

I had no idea about this band until I saw the review from Avant Garde Metal. The video is really awesome. I love that singer. He's got acting talent as well as vocal, and stage presence. Reminds me of Marilyn Manson quite a bit--sometimes it's flinchingly corny and goth, and the musicianship isn't so spectacular. But it's really cool how the song flows, and the middle path has a pretty cool metal riff and the backing band really shines. The singer really does a good job of keeping you interested the whole way through.

One way he's better than Manson is that he's singing well. His voice isn't all coked out. Yeah, I said it, Manson. You crazy fuck.

My favorite part of the Cradle video is when he looks back at her, like, "Aren't you coming?" I won't say much more. It comes at the end of the video. He acts with his facial expressions, and it's pretty hilarious. He's a real character, this singer guy. I really like him. He does very well at creating moods.

This is good modern metal. I would definitely put it somewhere between industrial metal and metal. It's pretty rockin. Pretty driving throughout. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment