Sunday, October 30, 2016

Soul Day

It's Soul Day here at Sound Revue, and to celebrate, we've hand-picked these excellent so nice videors for your. So, to enjoy. Help me. With giving a hand for these, my--pre-video explainiations. My explainies.

Megan says there's some douchey cover of this from someone like Rod Stewart--is she right? Yes. It's by Simply Red. Don't pay attention to that, listen to this one. I feel like black singers have to sing this song, I see a white guy singing it and I'm like, aah stealing the limelight from black folk again, are we? Harold and the blues sing it like I want to hear it, personally.



When I graduated from high school, I moved to a small town outside Philadelphia to work for a staging, lighting, and sound company, doing shows all over the East Coast, including one where Billy Paul played on a stage I helped build in a Philly neighborhood. And in the video below, from his heyday, he is the epitome of smooth.



My first show at that production company was for Kool and the Gang. So even though they're not soul necessarily, I'm a put them on here and you can enjoy. I had this song in my head today, and had to hear it.




No comments:

Post a Comment