Monday, June 27, 2016

Anthony Fantano's "It Came From Bandcamp" series is a delightful romp thru indie gems

Anthony Fantano, The Internet's Busiest Music Nerd ®™, has a great series on his YouTube channel, entitled "It Came From Bandcamp," where he briefly reviews strange, odd, and often funny projects found on Bandcamp.



I've seen two episodes, and so far it really satisfies my love of new, up-and-coming music, unadorned with mass media-type elaborations. I've currently got every small but worthy band's bandcamp page open in multiple tabs.

Fantano's always been a guy who I can agree to disagree with, because his reviews are studied, and come from a place of lucidity, and logic. His analyses are always thorough. I often wonder how many times he listens to each album he reviews, because it seems like he's always very familiar with not only the subject matter, but with important aspects of artists and bands that shape and color the sound, like a/s/l, what they've put out before, what their history is, who they are, what kind of media coverage they've received before, and usually their small niche within the pantheon of human-created music. When a person performs this kind of exhaustive research on an album, I'll listen to anything he says, and if I disagree, it's okay because I'm not listening to hearsay from Fantano, but instead, to reasoned arguments.

So here, check out the two vids I've seen below. Not too long apiece. They're new and modern and up-to-date. OR, down-to-date. #dtd






No comments:

Post a Comment