Monday, June 23, 2014

Listening Material: Weakling, Mitochondrion

Last night I stayed up late watching live Portal videos on YouTube, and then I watched their Larvae video. Scary.

That band is blowing my mind lately. I love The Curator's masks and costumes, the Pope, Clock, and Wizard. I never understood them until watching them play live, paying special attention to where their fingers go on their fretboards.

YouTube sensed I was gonna be into Mitochondrion, a similar band, which I've posted below, but first let's put this Weakling album up here, a video I found afterwards.

All these two bands are not connected in any way; I just discovered them at the same time, and I think a fan of one would like the other.

Weakling - Dead As Dreams [Full - HD]


Weakling is a black metal band that my guitarist in Freeze told me I should listen to since we both love Wolves in the Throne Room. Hailing from San Francisco, they recorded their lone album, Dead as Dreams, in 1998.

Mitochondrion - Parasignosis [Full - HD]


Mitochondrion is a Victoria, B.C. power trio, and Parasignosis (2011) is their second full-length, out via Profound Lore Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment