Monday, February 6, 2012

Foreigner, Live on Hulu -- What?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/308761/foreigner-live-in-chicago?c=Music/Bands#s-p1-sr-i0

A few thoughts come to mind immediately:
--Eighties guys put on fancy clothes, get their hair did, and do a show with modern technology. 
--Blend of old and new lameness.
--This band kinda sucks. Not saying they're not awesome! But if you're not in the mood for Foreigner, no amount of Foreigner will do anything but push you away.

"Feelin kinda dirty
Feelin kinda mean"

Totally blowing my mind. Did they actually slow Double Vision down from the album version? It sounds like they're following a strict metronome, not allowing themselves to really rock, yet still trying to make the audience think they didn't buy tickets to Lamevent O' Thu CRNTURY.

I wonder how much of the audience are dedicated fans from Foreigner's working years, and how much are just along for the ride. And I wonder what all of them thought of the performance.

Halfway thru the second song, which I can only surmise is entitled, Head Games, I gave up. I'm gonna try and find that one song that's really lovey-dovey and poppy...

Holy shit they did Cold As Ice!!! Thanks to Job Bluth and Dana Carvey, this song rules.

Waiting For a Girl Like You 
Urgent
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT LOVE IS
    -that's the corny song I wanted to hear. I like that song.

Ok I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment