Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tributes

I may be a metalhead, but --
I love The Beatles, Steely Dan, David Bowie, Journey, Neil Young, The Flaming Lips, Beck, Pink Floyd,  Simon and Garfunkle, Yes, etc.

You know, all that stuff hippies like. Except The Grateful Dead, Phish, and The String Cheese Incident annoy the piss out of me. And low-rent blues music is like razors in my ears.

I love my vinyl, too.

I'm listening to Let It Be, all the way through, for the first time. It's kinda douchey, but it's also mostly awesome. I can get down with some of this blues stuff.

Some Indie/emo stuff also hits me the right way: Low, Shellac, A Perfect Circle, The Mars Volta, The Stone Roses, Trans Am, Slint, Shipping News, June of 44, Sonic Youth, Blonde Redhead, Sunny Day Real Estate, Radiohead, Norman Schwarzkopf.

Well, hell, glam rock and industrial pretty much rules, too: Skinny Puppy, Foetus, Nine Inch Nails, Gary Numan, Marilyn Manson, Adam and the Ants, Brian Eno, Slade.

It's all good.

I won't go into all the metal I like. Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment