Monday, January 10, 2011

This guy raises a few good points. I don't agree with a small portion of what he says, but most of this video I like. The overall sentiment is true: death metal should not be overproduced. Nor should any metal.



Where I disagree:
A band needs technical talent to succeed.
There is no death metal that has ever been made solely by overproduction.

Where I'm confused:
-the difference between death metal and deathcore. I'm just not educated in this realm.

Here is a video of popular, modern sucky metal. I present to you:
TRIVIUM (duck)


It's all the things that make modern metal suck:
   - soulless, monotonous, monotone vocals
   - techincal-without-feeling guitar lines that you could easily forget
   - vocals mixed above all else
   - bass is inaudible
   - music is overproduced
   - video is overproduced
   - you can tell they're not really into it

I don't mind the eyeliner, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment